Public Safety Solutions
High-End Performance for Mid-Market Budgets
When it comes to first responders, no community should have to choose between communications capability it can't afford - or fully utilize - and not enough to do its job. But that's what's facing the majority of jurisdictions across America every budget cycle. That's because far too often the solutions offered include features that will go unused, introduce unnecessary complexity or simply drive the system over budget.
Nortel Government Solutions offers an alternative: intuitive and fully modular CAD, records management systems and interoperability solutions - driven by best-of-breed functionality - that enable you to deliver immediately all essential public safety services while steering your system's growth around today's most stringent budget and operational constraints:
- Meeting your exact requirements: Nortel Government Solutions will work with you to identify the optimum solution based on all your constraints - budget, personnel, shared management requirements and surrounding jurisdictional factors.
- No development costs: COTS-based, and configurable to your environment, your system will stand-up quickly with no development or integration costs.
- Consistent up time: Nortel Government Solutions will load and test your system at our facilities, then deliver it ready-to-run. No downtime and no significant changes to your organizational structure and workflow.
- Minimal training: All Nortel Government Solutions public safety systems are designed for personnel to be operations-ready in two days or less.
The Nortel Government Solutions difference? Performance-based solutions for resource-scarce budgets. Call Nortel Government Solutions today and ask about our CAD, Records Management and Interoperability Solutions offerings.
BACK TO TOP
Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)
You get a call - a citizen is in trouble. It's an emergency, and there's stress. Your Computer Dispatch System (CAD) must be capable of getting first responders informed and to the address screen with a minimum of simple actions. It then must support you with the necessary functionality to streamline operations through final disposition. With a Nortel Government Solutions CAD, you'll have it. Dispatcher-centric and designed by public safety personnel specifically for use by fellow professionals, all of our configurations:
- Interface with E911, TDD and state and national crime information systems
- Integrate with your Records Management System and case investigative capabilities
- Validate caller name and location through ANI/ALI
- Display location and caseload of all units in real time via Global Positioning System (GPS) technology
- Provide instant location history and hazard(s) information to dispatchers and mobile computers in response vehicles
- Disseminate information via radio and pager
- Interface with mobile computers to create two-way communications links
- Support dispatcher override, silent dispatch, receipt of status changes, request for officer assistance, self-initiated activities and other functions
- Support Crystal Reports 8.0 for ad-hoc reporting
- Export data to other applications
These are essential functions. And they'll be at your fingertips with Nortel Government Solutions. But they won't be bundled with exotic features and on-site engineering requirements that complicate workflow, prolong deployment, and drive costs out of your reach. We call it CAD for the rest of us. But to you, it's simply delivering more for less.
BACK TO TOP
Records Management Systems
Instant access to mission-critical public safety information - from incident inception through final disposition - should be available to all agencies. And now it is with Nortel Government Solutions. Seamlessly integrated with our CAD solutions and your environment, our Records Management System (RMS) offers best-of-breed functionality to optimize scarce resources, maximize productivity and promote rapid case resolution. All Nortel Government Solutions configurations include:
- Instant access to lists of names, property, places, vehicles and locations
- Information analyzed against incident patterns, calls for service statistics and staffing availability
- Internet access for mobile devices
- Streaming video, digital photo and scanned document imaging capability
- Multiple security levels to control access to sensitive information
- Crystal Reports 8.0 for ad hoc reporting
Also standard are a number of modules that can be tailored to your unique environment.
Our RMS solutions are software-loaded and tested at our facilities, then delivered to you as a fully functional system. A budget-savvy way to automate essential records operations and provide extensive investigative and operational support services when and where they're needed most. More for less - that's the Nortel Government Solutions difference.
BACK TO TOP
Connecting Disparate Systems. Consolidating Jurisdictions.
Public safety agencies historically have depended upon their own stand-alone voice and data communications systems. Unfortunately, they are often incompatible with one another. Not only are there different systems for different agencies within one community, different jurisdictions maintain their own systems. But a new trend is emerging.
Jurisdictions are combining their police, fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) to create new unified public safety centers. This enables localities to fully leverage their resources and squeeze the most out of constrained budgets. Shared management and cross-jurisdictional/cross-system interoperability are keys here, and Nortel Government Solutions is at the forefront of this movement.
Consolidated Communications Centers
A Phased Approach for Investment Protection
Consolidated Communications Centers are generally implemented in phases to better appropriate scarce resources. The initial phase resolves interoperability problems in radio communications and data exchange caused by the merging of the public safety entities. Nortel Government Solutions will design an interim solution to consolidate dispatch centers, implement an interoperable radio network and enable mobile computing facilities to serve the new community. In the second phase, we'll provide planning, acquisition support and implementation for a fully interoperable system. Nortel Government Solutions services include:
A New Vision for Public Safety
- User groups and roles and responsibilities
- Assessment of current infrastructure and operational environment
- Voice and data mobile radio architecture
- Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), Records Management Systems (RMS) radio infrastructure and mobile radio and data Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Project schedule maintenance
- Concept of operations
- Assistance in the build-out and move-in
- Assistance in evaluating proposals and live test demonstrations of CAD, data and radio infrastructure, and radios and mobile data
- Project management support during implementation
Consolidated Communications Centers are a fundamental change in how public safety is ensured throughout mid-market jurisdictions. Along with replacing aging systems and enabling interoperability, they are giving smaller communities true regional interoperability in the event of a natural or man-made catastrophe. It's a vision that is uniting public service and safety entities that have a vested interest in working together in a spirit of collaboration and coordination while sharing information and resources in ways that benefits all participants and the public.
BACK TO TOP