Additional tools you may find helpful
- Search: Enter keywords to find what you're looking for on our site
- Site Map: Get an overview of what's on the site
We want you to have the best experience possible when you visit our website. Following are some guidelines (not requirements) you may want to follow for optimum viewing.
- View our site with Netscape 6.x*, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x*. or Mozilla Firefox 1.x* or higher version Internet browsers. (Not all portions of our site are compatible with all browser versions.) Special Note: You may view the site with graphics off or a non-graphical browser such as Lynx. Descriptive text will be displayed where graphics would appear to make your experience more informative.
- Set the resolution on your monitor to at least 800x600 to ensure you can view the full width of our website in your browser window. Also set your monitor to view our site with at least 256 colors.
- The nortelgov.com URLs are case sensitive.
Printing documents from the site
There are a number of documents on our website (print data sheets, white papers, brochures, etc.) that are saved as Adobe Acrobat PDF documents so that you can download and view them with all their formatting and graphics intact. All you need to view these documents is the free Adobe Acrobat Reader*. It's quick to download and will come in handy on a number of other websites you visit as well.
- Adobe Acrobat* formats printed material for viewing on your computer monitor and allows you to print documents. We regularly provide product data sheets in Acrobat format.
Why can't I open PDF Documents? In order to open PDF documents (often marked with a PDF (image) icon) you need to have Adobe's Acrobat Reader software installed. Also, some PDF documents require the newest version of Acrobat Reader (v6 vs. 2.1). You can download Acrobat Reader for FREE at Adobe's site*. For more information, visit Adobe's Top Technical Issues*.
- Flash* is a plug-in from Macromedia that lets you experience content on the web by means of animation and sound. Be sure you have the latest version.
- RealPlayer G2* allows you to view live or recorded video and audio at your desktop. We regularly provide presentations and broadcast tradeshows in Real Player format. This plug-in comes pre-installed in your 4.x browser, be sure you have the latest version. This plug-in comes pre-installed in your 4.x browser, be sure you have the latest version.
Why don't some RealNetworks Audio/Video play on my computer? RealAudio and RealVideo streams on www.nortelgov.com are encoded to play over a simple dial-up connection with enhanced play over a T1 or LAN. The faster your connection, the better the quality will be. While most Real media on this site will work with older versions of RealPlayer, these high-end streams require RealPlayer G2 or greater. We recommend downloading the newest version of RealPlayer*. Be sure to check out RealNetworks' Technical Support FAQ's* for more information.